Part Time Housekeeper Columbia, Missouri
Family located in Columbia, Missouri is seeking a Part Time Housekeeper to work 20 hours per week. The schedule is flexible: 9:00am-1:00pm or 1:00pm-5:00pm.
The home is 5,000 square feet with 5 bedrooms and 4 1/2 baths.
- Deep and detail cleaning.
- Dusting and polishing antiques, furniture and fixtures.
- Wiping knick-knacks and display items with care.
- Cleaning and sanitizing toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen area.
- Cleaning dishes/ emptying & filling dishwasher and hand washing when appropriate.
- Making beds and changing linens.
- Washing windows.
- Cleaning windowsills and baseboards.
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs.
- Sweeping/vacuuming, polishing, and mopping hard floors.
- Sorting, washing, loading, and unloading laundry, and ironing clothing items.
- Dropping off and picking up dry cleaning.
- Using any cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools.
- Keeping bathrooms stocked with clean linens, toiletries, and other supplies.
- Cleaning mirrors and other glass surfaces.
- Emptying trash receptacles and disposing of waste/ recycling.
- Steaming and cleaning draperies, washing blinds, cleaning ceiling fans, and tidying up rooms.
- Monitoring cleaning supplies and ordering more as needed.
- Oven and refrigerator cleaning.
- Reporting any necessary repairs or replacements.
- Assisting with holiday decorating.
- Assisting during holidays and events.
- Light errand running.
- Light maintenance such as changing light bulbs.
The ideal candidate will have experience cleaning and will already know what types of cleaning supplies are necessary for various surfaces and materials. They will have a working knowledge of stain removal and laundry. They should know how to use various cleaning implements.
They are seeking a housekeeper who has long term intent and will feel comfortable and happy working in their home.
Flexibility and the ability to adapt to potential changes to the day and being organized in the everyday tasks and systems is very important.
They are also seeking a candidate that has good communication skills to keep them informed of what they need and what the household needs.
The pay is $20.00-25.00 per hour and benefits include 10 paid days of vacation/personal days and paid holidays.