Part Time Homeschool Teacher for Gifted 2nd Grader in Newport Beach, California
Our client, a family residing in Newport Beach, California, is seeking a dedicated and experienced homeschool teacher to provide tailored educational support to their bright and engaging 8-year-old son. The student is currently enrolled in a hybrid school program, attending in-person classes for half of the day and completing missed coursework at home due to his high functioning autism and ADHD.
– Deliver comprehensive educational guidance in subjects including science, social studies, and mathematics.
– Collaborate closely with the in-person teacher to receive and implement provided materials for at-home lessons.
– Develop and implement strategies to address the specific learning needs of a high-functioning autistic and ADHD student.
– Create a supportive and structured learning environment that fosters engagement and learning despite social, behavioral, and attention challenges.
– Assist the student in catching up with missed coursework from in-person classes and ensure a seamless integration between school-based and homeschool-based learning.
– Plan and execute lessons that align with the student’s advanced math skills, providing enrichment and extension activities that cater to his accelerated learning pace.
– Monitor and document the student’s progress, strengths, and areas for improvement, adapting teaching methods as needed.
– A bachelor’s degree in education or a related field, with a valid teaching certification.
– Proven experience in teaching and curriculum delivery within K-8 education.
– Familiarity with autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, and their impact on learning.
– Exceptional organizational and planning skills to effectively manage a part-time homeschool schedule.
– Strong communication abilities, both with the student and the parents, to maintain a collaborative educational approach.
– Patience, creativity, and adaptability in addressing unique learning challenges.
– Ability to create a positive and inclusive learning environment that nurtures the student’s intellectual growth and emotional well-being.
Schedule and Compensation:
This part-time position requires 6 hours of instruction per week, taking place on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM. An additional hour will be allocated for lesson planning. The hourly compensation ranges from $50.00 to $75.00 per hour, commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
If you are a qualified and passionate educator with a background in K-8 education, experience in teaching students with autism and ADHD, and a strong commitment to fostering academic growth and emotional well-being, we encourage you to apply. Please complete our application.