Full Time Personal Assistant San Francisco, California
A couple in San Francisco, CA with one infant, is seeking a Full-Time (~40 hours per week) Personal Assistant. They are looking for an organized, efficient, pragmatic problem-solver with a can-do attitude.
Clients are both busy executives at a different social-mission-oriented organization, and some of the work may be split across the organizations where they work.
They are both experienced managers and envision a respectful, collaborative relationship with regular check-ins and lots of two-way communication. They hope working with them will be a fulfilling and interesting role and would love to find ways to help advance in your career goals.
Clients will generally ask you to help solve problems that would otherwise require a lot of time from them. For example:
- Arranging repairs and ensuring that they go well (including by hiring e.g.TaskRabbits and checking their work).
- Arranging the installation and setup of new home equipment (furniture, home theater upgrades, decor (in collaboration with interior design contractors), patio heater, etc.
- Organizing and rearranging their home (e.g., switching which rooms are used for what while ensuring that everything stays organized and easy to find).
- Researching what products to buy (e.g., for a new oven or dishwasher)
- Helping to plan and arrange travel, including researching flights and accommodations
- General problem-solving (past examples include figuring out how to cool a difficult-to-cool room, how to get a room to stay dark for sleeping, ordering baby supplies, etc.)
- Calling customer service, medical agencies, day cares, etc. to secure appointments, purchases, etc. when this can’t be done online
- Occasional routine tasks, including:
- Restocking groceries and other supplies in the house
- Paying bills
- Watering plants
The general goal is to think tasks like these through thoroughly and set things up so that they save as much time as possible.
Childcare is NOT required as they have separate employees who cover this.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Tendency to ask lots of questions; focus on learning and improving over time.
- Creative problem-solving abilities for tasks such as the above.
- General interest in how to set things up so that they are efficient and convenient.
- Track record of successful, reliable operational or assistant work.
- Growth mindset and interest in increasing your skills over time.
- Open and direct communication.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Willingness to respectfully give and receive feedback
- Primary residence in the Bay Area (though the role could potentially evolve to be part-time remote or fully remote over time)
- Right to work in the US.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willing and able to comply with the family’s COVID-19 safety protocols, such as being willing to take regular rapid tests.
- Proof of vaccination is required. (They are also vaccinated and happy to take rapid tests on request.)
- Salary commensurate with experience.