Full Time Personal Assistant/Household Manager Lake Forest, Illinois
A dynamic corporate and Silicon Valley tech executive couple are looking for an excellent Personal Assistant/House Manager for their home in Lake Forest Illinois. This couple travels extensively and include two mini cockapoo fur-pups as part of their family.
They decribe their ideal candidate as: a low ego, discreet, and highly experienced Personal Assistant with a strong bias for action and problem solving whom thrives on handling multiple things at once, executing flawlessly and believes that this role is not just a job but a career. Ideal candidate prides themselves on their utmost professionalism yet shows warmth in working with and serving others. This Assistant/Manager will act as an extension of the couple exhibiting the same level of care, concern and judgement that they would.
The ideal candidate also:
Believes that no task would be too small.
Is highly proactive and has a bias for action.
Exhibits an optimistic can do attitude.
MUST love dogs.
Must be very tech savvy.
Has an affinity for details and synthesize details succinctly.
Is highly self directed.
Has a high standard of excellence in all that they do.
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information on behalf of Principals
- Must exercise good judgment, confidentiality, tact, and patience
- Must maintain professionalism and be friendly with family, extended family, friends, guests, other staff and vendors.
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to operate a vehicle to run errands as needed
- As needed, must be flexible to work weekends and evenings for family needs and activities, and/or be available after hours for support and communication
- Intricate, multiple calendar management, highlight priorities and rearranging appointments and meetings as needed
- Primary point of contact for Employer
- Potential for occasional domestic travel
- Liaison and coordinate with Employer’s personal contacts and providers, including resources associated with family matters, multiple vehicles, multiple homes, health and wellness
- Manage household vendors and oversee maintenance around the homes
- Understand what level of detail is communicated to different teams while still maintaining privacy of the principals
- Plan dinners and events with staff and principals to assure the smooth running of each event, attend events. Book service staff as needed (including background checks, NDA’s and site visits; work with outside chefs/caterers as needed for special events, coordinate schedule and share event management with other team members as needed, update household calendar with guest list and details of event. Supervise event when new caterers/chefs are onsite, menu approval, guest lists, dietary restrictions, etc.
- Empower home office to maintain open communication, put in place systems for smooth operation and communication ensuring home is a place of relaxation
- Handle mail, email, and correspondence as needed
- Reconcile household account and expenses
- Research and project support
- Provide high quality service and support for the family without pretense in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Provide exceptional relationship management
- Superior Executive level assistance
The family will split their time over the next year between their homes in IL and PA, and vacation in SC in spring and summer. The candidates primary location will be in Lake Forest, Illinois with travel to the clients other homes and locations as needed.