Full Time House Manager Chicago, Illinois (Lincoln Park)
Chicago, Illinois 60614
Job Title: House Manager
Location: Chicago, Illinois, 60614 (Lincoln Park)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm with flexibility.
The House Manager serves as the head of a private household and works closely with the owner(s) to oversee and execute overall management and personalized service. This role requires exceptional rapport-building skills and utmost discretion.
– Maintain strict confidentiality and respect for the privacy of the owner and their guests.
– Deliver an exceptional level of personalized service, drawing from experience in serving private families and individuals.
– Possess knowledge of luxury items.
– Provide training for staff in private home and luxury hotel environments.
– Utilize acute business skills in finance, property maintenance, planning, and organization.
– Develop and maintain a household service manual.
– Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and exhibit creative, intuitive problem-solving abilities.
– Display resourcefulness and strong negotiating skills.
– Adapt to and meet the owner’s standards and preferences.
– Oversee and supervise property, residential staff, and general operations of the premises, ensuring high household service standards are maintained.
– Manage day-to-day operations of the residences.
– Handle household expenses, budgets, vendor relationships, and event planning coordination.
– Manage security resources and protocols.
– Supervise residential staff, including hiring, scheduling, training, evaluations, time keeping management and performance
review process and support.
– Coordinate with the principal on personal shopping and travel arrangements.
– May require travel to other homes.
– Lead preparations and service delivery for events hosted at the home(s).
– Collaborate with the Chef and Executive Housekeeper to achieve owner goals.
– Minimum of 3 years experience working with a UHNWI.
– High school and College education preferred.
– Strong work ethic and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Demonstrated leadership, motivation, and teamwork abilities.
– Proactive and anticipatory approach to meet the owner’s needs.
– Ability to handle owner inquiries in a friendly and courteous manner.
– Proficient in computer usage.
– Passionate about luxury and dedicated to exceptional service.
– Outgoing, polite, confident, intelligent, and alert.
– Consistent performance and high accuracy.
– Flexible, adaptable, and resilient.
$125,000+ DOE with Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA/401k/PTO/Paid Holidays
Note: This job description outlines general responsibilities and qualifications. Additional duties may be assigned as needed. The Principal and VP of Operations reserve the right to add duties as necessary. The position is offered as at-will employment.