How Hiring a Homeschooling Governess Can Help Your Children’s Education
Hiring a homeschooling governess is an excellent choice when you consider homeschooling your children or want to provide them with a professional tutor. A governess is a female educator, while a governor is the male equivalent who has a background in education and instructing children in multiple subjects, such as math, science, language arts, and music arts.
How can a governess help with schooling?
A homeschooling governess performs a wide range of educational duties based on the age of your children. Some of their primary duties can include:
- Developing and creating lesson plans based on the age of your children.
- Establishing a daily routine that allows for instruction, educational activities, and time to complete assignments.
- Teaching a wide variety of subjects beyond core curriculums, such as foreign languages, home economics, art, music lessons, etc.
- Teaching your children proper etiquette, a code of conduct, and manners.
- Helping prepare children for exams and school assignments when attending regular school.
What are the benefits of homeschooling?
Homeschooling your children with the help of a governess provides several benefits to traditional schooling, as follows:
- Homeschooling allows the children to work at their own pace. If your children are gifted, they could excel and work ahead. If they have special needs, there is no worry of them falling behind.
- There’s flexibility to adjust the curriculum to fit with the children’s interests. Your governess can adjust subjects to better match the interests of your children. For instance, if your children like dinosaurs, your governess can create lessons that focus on learning more about dinosaurs.
- You can avoid learning environments that focus on specific standards. Some schools focus their learning on achievement tests and other state-imposed standards. At home, your governess can focus on educating your children without these mandates while still ensuring they meet appropriate requirements for their grade levels.
- Homeschooling is an acceptable form of education. All states legally recognize homeschooling as a way to meet state educational standards and school attendance requirements.
- Parents have more control over the pace and teaching approaches used. You can be more involved in your children’s education. You can work with your governess to determine an appropriate pace and the educational approaches that work best for your children.
- Children get more one-on-one attention. Your children get plenty of attention, which eliminates busy work to prevent them from getting easily distracted and bored.
What are some other benefits of hiring a governess?
You and your children gain other advantages when you hire a governess besides the benefits of homeschooling, including:
- Flexibility to travel with your children. If you want to plan vacations or take your children along on business trips, you can hire a governess willing to travel so they do not miss any school.
- Ability to match your children’s personalities and learning styles. You have complete control over selecting who will be educating your children.
- Better prepare children for university entrance exams. Your children will be fully prepared to complete entrance exams and often achieve higher results than their peers in traditional schools.
- Flexibility on learning schedules. Rather than fitting in multiple subjects in a single day, you can have your governess teach specific subjects on specific days. For example, Mondays could be for language arts, Tuesdays for science, Wednesdays for art and music, etc.
- Better prepare children for adulthood. Children learn valuable life skills from their governess that they may not be fully exposed to in traditional school environments. This makes it easier for your children to transition to adults as they take on more responsibilities.
What is the difference between a nanny and a governess?
A nanny can assist with homework but may not have the background to homeschool and teach your children. A nanny’s primary task is caring for the children and ensuring their needs are met, such as food, clean clothes, bathing, activities, and social gatherings.
A governess, on the other hand, has experience teaching and tutoring children of all ages. Their primary responsibility is to educate the children either by homeschooling them or providing professional tutoring services to help them excel in private or public school.
How can I find the best homeschooling governess for my children?
The most effective way to find the best homeschooling governess for your children is to get assistance from a governess staffing agency like Staffing at Tiffanie’s. We use a unique process to help you customize the role and duties you desire your governess to perform based on your needs.
We arrange all interviews and take care of background checks, employment verifications, and other aspects of hiring a governess. After conducting your interviews, you let us know if you have selected a candidate for the position. We will continue arranging interviews until you find the perfect governess.
Furthermore, we provide complete employment packages, such as offers of employment, work agreements, work contracts, tax and payroll assistance, and more. Even after you hire a governess, our governess staffing agency continues to provide guidance and support throughout their employment.
For further information or to get started finding a homeschool governess or governor for your children, please feel free to contact us at 866-484-5550 today!