Why to Hire Personal Security for Your Private Security Needs
Personal protection services are not just for world leaders, celebrities, and top executives. There is a wide range of private security solutions for households when they want additional protection for themselves and their families.
What Is Private/Personal Security?
Private/personal security is a catch-all phrase that covers a wide range of security services, protection specialists, and professional protection experts, such as:
Event security is used for public and private events. They conduct screenings, verify guests are on the guest list, patrol the parameters of the facility or event space, and ensure the safety of attendees. They will respond to disturbances should any arise. Many event security professionals are often off-duty police officers or are hired through a security company.
Unarmed Personal Chauffeur
This type of private driver ensures the security and safety of the people they transport. They will accompany you from the vehicle to the door. They can also scout out what routes are best to take to avoid the paparazzi, reporters, and other such unwanted attention.
Armed Personal Chauffeur
An armed personal chauffeur provides the same job duties and functions as an unarmed personal chauffeur, except they are licensed to carry a weapon. The type of weapon they carry can and does vary from one state to the next.
Hiring an armed personal chauffeur is ideal when you feel that your safety or that of your family requires added protection. Armed chauffeurs can only use their weapon if the life of their passengers or themselves is placed in extreme danger.
Unarmed Security Guard
An unarmed guard is primarily used to scout out, plan, and access safety risks when visiting various locations throughout your day. They can be former police officers, FBI agents, military, or Secret Service agents. Their objective is to reduce safety risks to you and your family.
Armed Security Guard
An armed guard provides similar services as an unarmed guard with the added protection of carrying a concealed weapon. They follow closely near you when in public and sit beside you when traveling in your car or on an airplane. Their primary responsibility is to keep you and your family safe wherever you go.
A bodyguard is a special type of protection specialist. They are typically live-in, meaning they live with you and your family. The range of bodyguard services they offer can include home security surveillance, grounds sweeps, vehicle sweeps, conducting background checks and screenings on household staff, and so on.
When households require 24/7 protection, they will often hire at least three bodyguards to work eight-hour shifts. Depending on the size of your home, you may require additional personal protection services and professionals.
Full Security Detail
A full security detail is a team of security professionals that provides guard service and executive protection. They can be hired for specific travel needs or round-the-clock protection. A typical security detail will consist of at least ten specialists.
Reasons to Hire Personal Security Professionals
There are different reasons why you should hire personal security professionals. Some of the more common reasons are:
- You want an escort to ensure you and your family are safely transported to and from events.
- You want someone to accompany you and remain by your side at events.
- You have concerns about the safety and well-being of yourself and your family.
- You want to ensure your children have added protection and supervision when traveling to and from school, social outings, extracurricular activities, etc.
- You want to improve the security of your home, yacht, vacation home, or other properties.
- You have been the target of potential threats.
- You are being stalked and harassed.
- You are going through a difficult divorce and want added protection.
- You want peace of mind knowing you and your family are being kept as safe as possible.
- You travel frequently for business and want to ensure your family is kept safe while you are away.
- You travel overseas to foreign countries often.
- You are a recent widow or widower, want to have a sense of safety and security, and want someone around.
These are just some of the more common reasons why people hire personal security. You can hire personal security for any reason when you want to protect yourself and your family.
Who Benefits the Most from Professional Protection Security Services?
Some of the people that benefit the most from professional protection security services are:
- Celebrities and Entertainers – These professionals are often the focus of paparazzi and crazed fans. They need private security so they can attend events, go shopping, dine out, travel, etc.
- Wealthy Individuals and Families – Individuals and families who have amassed wealth need protection as they can quickly find themselves targets of unsavory individuals and groups.
- People Who Travel Internationally – Traveling internationally can pose certain security risks that can be alleviated by hiring a bodyguard or other security professionals.
- CEOs, High-Level Executives, and Other Business Professionals – Executive protection is often required to ensure the safety of these types of business professionals since they tend to be the target of unscrupulous individuals and groups.
- People Who Transport Valuable Items and Cash – If you are responsible for transporting valuable goods and cash, you want the added security a bodyguard or armed guard can provide.
- People Involved in Highly Contentious Divorces – You do not have to be a celebrity or CEO to find yourself in a contentious divorce. If you have concerns about your safety or that of your children, you can benefit from the protection gained when you hire a bodyguard.
- People Who Want Added Protection for Their Children – Parents that travel frequently or who have busy work schedules find it difficult to ensure their children get to and from school safely. Additionally, they may not want their children home alone without some sort of protection.
- Politicians and Community Leaders – Even local politicians and community leaders can find themselves facing threats from others. Hiring a security guard helps deter potential security risks.
- People in High-Profile Situations – Maybe you have become the focus of media and news coverage for some reason. You could have won the lottery and now have a lot of unwanted attention you cannot handle. For high-profile situations, you can regain peace of mind by hiring a private security guard.
If you ever find yourself in a situation where you or your family feel threatened, you have concerns over the safety of your children, or you find yourself unsure about how safe your home is, then you can benefit from hiring the right personal security professionals.
Things to Consider When Hiring Protection Specialists/Security Guards
When you are preparing to hire personal security, there are several things you need to consider:
- What type of security professional do you need?
- What security services do you require?
- Do you need one security specialist or a team of professionals?
- Do you need protection for yourself, your spouse, or your children?
- Do you want your security specialist to be licensed to carry a weapon?
- What skills do you seek in your security specialist?
- Do you expect your security specialist to travel with you?
- Do you need a live-in security specialist?
- Do you want full-time, round-the-clock security?
- What situations will you need security for?
As can be seen, your responses to these questions will determine what security specialist is most appropriate for you and your family.
Why to Use a Staffing Agency to Hire a Bodyguard and Security Personnel
When it comes to finding the best security personnel for your household, it is recommended that you use a staffing agency. The agency helps take care of the numerous initial processes so you can quickly narrow down your list of potential candidates, such as:
- Researching security specialists that fit your specific needs and requirements.
- Ensuring security specialists have the right professional certifications and licensing requirements.
- Identifying security specialists that have affiliations with any official organizations.
- Identifying security specialists with unique training or job experiences—i.e., former FBI, Secret Service, police, military, etc.
- Conducting background screenings on reference checks on security specialists.
Once the agency has found potential candidates that meet your requirements, they will arrange interviews with you. If the security specialist will be providing security services for your spouse and children, you will also want them present during the interview to see how they interact with your family.
During the interview process, make sure to have candidates discuss previous experiences and situations, how they handled those situations, and how they responded to stressful situations, and review any expertise in martial arts, weapons training, and so on.
When you have conducted all your interviews and are ready to hire a bodyguard, the staffing agency will take care of drafting employment contracts and other such agreements on your behalf.
For help finding and hiring personal security protection specialists for your household, please feel free to contact Staffing at Tiffanie’s at 866-484-5550 today!
We can also assist you with other household staffing needs, including chauffeurs, housekeepers, butlers, private assistants, nannies, private chefs, estate managers, yacht crew staffing, and more.