Why Hire a Male Nanny? The Benefits of Hiring a Manny
When you are looking for a person to fill the role of a nanny for your children and household, you might be surprised to learn that more and more families are hiring a male nanny. They are discovering, when choosing the best candidate for the position, they are breaking traditional norms and not basing their decision on gender.
Rather, their hiring decisions are being based on who can best meet the needs of the family and their children. As such, the demand for male nannies is growing.
What Is a Male Nanny?
A male nanny is commonly referred to as a manny. The individual in this position provides the same responsibilities, job duties, and functions as a nanny. They provide childcare services for the family based on the specific needs of the parents and the children. They can be live-in or live-out, as well.
The Benefits of Hiring a Male Nanny
Some of the benefits families are discovering by hiring a manny can include:
- A manny is a good fit for single moms and households with two mommies. They can provide insight from a male point of view, so children have another positive influence from a different perspective.
- A manny can be beneficial for children who need a male role model in their life. In homes where the dad travels a lot for business or the father is no longer present in the child’s life, a manny can serve as a male role model for children and someone else they can look up to.
- A manny doesn’t mind heavy lifting and challenging projects. From fort building to treehouse building and other such fun activities, mannies can take care of heavy lifting to create and build play areas for your children to enjoy.
- Most mannies have been exposed to coach training and sports. These skills can be beneficial when you have children who need motivation and a boost to their self-esteem and confidence. These skills can also help teach your children to learn more about their favorite sports like soccer, football, hockey, etc.
- Children are less likely to misbehave with a manny. This is not to say children cannot have bad days and break every single rule. However, most of the time, children won’t want to misbehave for their manny because they know they will be disciplined according to their parents’ wishes. Plus, mannies help deter unwanted behaviors through positive reinforcement and encouragement of desired behaviors.
- Mannies offer a different perspective to problem-solving. Most men tend to approach problem-solving in a linear fashion to reach a rational outcome that has a set objective or goal. As such, they can help your children to approach problems and solve them practically and logically while helping them develop their critical thinking skills.
- A manny is perfect for homes with boys. Boys can be full of energy and physically active. Mannies help engage boys more often and don’t mind going outside to play sports, go swimming, get dirty, and do fun things boys like to do.
- Parents can feel safer when their children go on outings with their manny. In today’s society, females still tend to be targeted more frequently than males when in public, regardless of whether they are alone or with children. With a manny present, the likelihood of something going awry is less likely.
- Mannies are ideal in households where children have special needs and disabilities. Some parents need a caregiver who can help lift their child or aid in mobility. Other homes need a stronger individual in cases where the child has special needs and might become aggressive or throw a tantrum.
Based on your children’s and household needs, hiring a male nanny could be the right choice. To learn more about male nannies and help finding the perfect manny or nanny for your home, please contact our female and male nanny agency, Staffing at Tiffanie’s by calling 866-484-5500 today!