20 Questions to Ask Household Manager Candidates
No matter what kind of position it is, job interviews are a very necessary step in the hiring process, both for the candidate and the hiring coordinator. For job seekers, a job interview is a chance to learn more about the company or employer they could potentially work for. For the hiring coordinator, a job interview is an opportunity to get to learn more about each individual on a one-on-one basis.
There are several key interview questions that must be taken into consideration when hiring a household manager. As the employer, it is also your responsibility to create the household manager job description. To make your job a little easier and ensure you find your perfect match, our domestic staff agency has compiled a list of 20 essential questions to ask household manager candidates.
These questions are great for getting to know each potential candidate on a more individual level. This can help you differentiate candidates with similar backgrounds or qualifications and will give you insight as to whether they will be a good match for you and other family members. When you choose to ask these questions is entirely up to you:
- How would you describe your personality?
- What are some of your hobbies and interests?
- What do you like to do on your time off?
While most household manager positions don’t require a master’s degree, these questions are handy if you want to know about any special talents, applicable studies, or relevant skills that a candidate might have:
- What is your educational background?
- What have you done to stay informed and up-to-date in your field?
- What are you currently doing to develop your knowledge and/or talents?
While questions surrounding professional experience may vary depending on the household, these questions are applicable for almost any household staff:
- What made you choose this particular field of work?
- What do you feel is the greatest strength that you bring to your work?
- What do you consider one of your greatest work accomplishments?
- Why are leaving your current position? OR Why did you leave your last position?
- Describe your relationship with the last household. What would your employer say about your performance?
- Describe your working relationship with others.
- What are your future career plans?
- Do you have formal experience as a household manager?
- How many years of experience do you have in a private household?
- What is the largest property you have managed?
- What is the largest size of private household staff you have managed?
- What household management tasks have you performed in previous jobs?
- What was the toughest decision that you had to make recently in your job? Why was it difficult?
- How did you handle a difficult situation?
Finding the One
Whether you are looking for a temporary or long-term employee, finding the right one for the job begins with looking in the right place. Contact us at (866) 484-5550 for our selection of pre-qualified top talent.